Do you have a great idea for a business or social enterprise but don't know where to begin? If you want to start your own venture (commercial or social), solve real world problems and be a part of an innovative team where you will meet other like-minded individuals then the UCE Incubator Programme is just what you need.
The Incubator Programme has been created to help you gain entrepreneurial and innovative skills. In the Programme you will learn by doing by being a part of an immersive environment where you will work alongside other entrepreneurially minded people.
Our students have gone onto national accelerator programmes like Lightning Lab, Vodafone Xone and R9. Whether commercial or social enterprise is your thing we can help you get your idea off the ground with dedicated support, resources and exclusive events and opportunities.
If you would like to know more about the Incubator Programme and apply to be invovled, email Michelle Panzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To assist you with your venture, you will have access to mentoring and support from UCE staff and local industry experts. You will also have access to legal, accounting and other professional services with our industry sponsors and partners.
As a part of our Incubator Programme, you will have:
- 24/7 access to UCE including desk space and computer access
- Printing, scanning and photocopying
- Locker space
- Heat and eat facilities including a fridge, microwave and sandwich press
- Meeting and project rooms
- Table tennis
As well as our other events and competitions, we run events exclusively for Incubator Programme members. These include:
- Weekly Educational Sessions on topics such as marketing, social media, sales, leadership, pitching and presentation skills, design thinking, intellectual property and business strategy development,
- Weekly Meetups with the other Incubator students
- Pitch Battles once a term
- Preferential entry to exclusive industry events on campus and around Christchurch
- Networking opportunities
- Annual bootcamp run over three days - think mini accelerator for your venture idea.
The UC Centre for Entrepreneurship (UCE) Incubator is available to selected student-run startup ventures, or students who have an ambition to build or be part of a student-run startup venture.
To be eligible you must be a student currently-enrolled in at least one course at UC, either undergraduate or postgraduate.
All interested students must fill out an application form to be considered for admission to UCE Incubator.
It is the responsibility of the students in the incubator to manage their course work alongside their venture.
Eligibility if you have prior experience with developing an idea:
Have been part of the BSNS 290 course; or
Are an entré $85K qualifying team; or
Have participated in another startup programme
If you meet the above criteria, you can apply immediately to gain entry to the UCE Incubator, at the discretion of the UCE Incubator Manager.
Eligibility if you have no prior experience with developing an idea:
Been to at least 1 UCE bootcamp; and
- Met with Michelle at least twice in one month, and progress between the two meetings is evident.
You must meet the above criteria in order to be eligible to apply to the UCE Incubator, at the discretion of the UCE Incubator Manager.
- Meet eligibility criteria
- Submit application form (link below)
- Panel presentation
- Result given
Apply here to the UCE Incubator